Samstag, 28. März 2009

Next knitting project is finished!

This is the first time ever I started a sweater and finished it during the same month (in the same year) - not only the knitting part but blocking, weaving in ends and sewing as well! Wow.

Sushi Productions proudly presents Sari Raglan:




For more information on the original pattern see Ravelry: Cabaret Raglan by Norah Gaughan.

The yarn used - Sari by Lang Yarns - is a cotton-bamboo blend and knits beautifully. I hope it wears nice as well. It's the first time I knit bamboo yarn.

I had to lengthen the body of the pullover (seems like the ordinary american woman is a little short). Luckily for me the pullover grew during blocking so now it has the perfect length as well as in the body as in the sleeves (which I lengthened as well).
The front pattern was very easily knit and I like the effect but have to say - it's not a bra-friendly pattern. Well. It's a pullover for summer. At first I didn't like the garter stitch ground within the pattern, but it turned out nice, so I didn't frog as I first thought I should do, after I finished the front.

For more pictures and information see my Ravelry account.


When blocking I already started the next project. When the Winter Issue of TwistCollective was out I instantly fell in love with Vivian.
During my winter holiday I found a beautiful cotton-rayon blend to go with the pattern (intended as a summer jacket, not something for the winter). Three days ago I knit the swatch.



By now five rows are done and I decided to omit the hood and go for a collar, as I tend to find hooded clothes very uncomfortable. I hope to be able to post some pictures soon.

3 Kommentare:

Tini hat gesagt…

Sweaters like this are the reason why there are flesh-coloured bras ;)

The finished sweater is really gorgeous. Well done!!

Saskia hat gesagt…

True. Well, in my case it wouldn't be called "tan" but "off-white" :D

Frau Vau hat gesagt…

stimmt, meine sind auch eher off-white - tan ist viel zu dunkel! ;)

schnuffelig ist er geworden, der pulli. auf vivian bin ich gespannt, die läge mir auch auf dem tisch - aber vorher kommen noch zwei andere jäckchen dran.
gott, woher nur die zeit nehmen?!