Montag, 16. März 2009

Change of scenery

Ich habe beschlossen, dass ich mein Schriftenglisch üben muss - also werde ich diesen Blog jetzt auf die englische Sprache umstellen. Denn wer nicht übt, verlernt, gell?

This weekend my friend Tini and her husband visited us. We didn't meet for a year so this was quite a special occasion and required new knitting projects, good food, a baby girl dressed in a dress and sunshine.

We had a marvelous time. Trying to seperate the five strands of yarn from a cone to create lace weight yarn turned out to be quite, um, unmanageable but still we passed Saturday morning quite cheerfully trying. We actually managed to get two skeins of lace weight but trying to sepearte the remaining three strands into another lace was not that good an idea. we quit after two hours of trying, cussing and cussing more. Afterwards we went on a walk with the baby (not in a dress anymore).

Tini brought her "Knitting Nature" by Norah Gaughan for me to have a look at and this certainly made me want to have it for myself (she left it to enforce this urge) I avenged this perfidy by showing her my "Best of Interweave Knits" and my "Knitted Lace of Estonia" and created an equal need to buy one of these books in her. I love how we match in our taste for patterns.

This mornig they left again for their holiday and I must admit - I could easily adapt to seeing Tini twice a week for a nice knit-in. I guess I have to move.

Ah - the new knitting project. Cabaret Raglan (Link to Ravelry) by Norah Gaughan made from Lang Sari (Bamboo and Cotton Blend) in a nice muted blueish green color. Back's nearly finished and I'm looking forward to knit the front with this nice lace pattern.

Postscript: We only had sunshine on Saturday morning. Indeed it rained on Sunday although the weather forecast told differently. Well. At least it didn't rain while we visited the zoo.

Keine Kommentare: