Sonntag, 5. April 2009

Vivan - Work in Progress

Salve! Vivian is growing and I decided to go for a WIP. Why only wip a sewing project? Well.

As I already told you I made the swatch and did five rows.



The original yarn needed 17 stitches and 25 rows per 2". My yarn knit with needle size 5 came to 16 stitches and 23 rows per 2". With a lot of math, help of Tini for the rule of three (rule of thumb in my case...) I figured out which sizes I need to knit.
Thanks to my good luck I can go with only two different sizes and change of needle size after I finished the waist!
And with even more good luck the difference in the two sizes I make are only 8 stitches, so I can include the extra decreases easily in the extra rows I need to lengthen the jacket (American women seem to be rather short-bodied. Every pullover I make from American patterns needs suuuuper much extra length)

Today I knit up to row 27 plus 6 - 6 rows extra length - and started with the decreases. I already arrived at the number of stitches for the smaller size and can now go on for about um 60 rows before I have to change the needle size.



This is the large back cable with the first intercrossing between the two rows of cables.

1 Kommentar:

nagano hat gesagt…

*soifz*
noch mehr englisch... naja. guck ich halt Bilder :)
das sieht voll toll aus! ich wünschte, ich hätte deine ausdauer beim stricken...